Andrey Grositsky was born in Moscow in 1934. In 1959, he graduated from the Surikov Fine Arts Institute in Moscow. Andrey has been member of the Moscow Union of Artists since 1968.
Andrey has exhibited his works since the 1960s. His personal exhibits include those in the Central House of Artists in Moscow in 1991, in the New Jerusalem Museum in Russia in 1993, in the Gregory Gallery in Washington D.C. in USA in 1994, as well as other exhibits in several Moscow galleries. Andrey's personal exhibit in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow is scheduled for September 2007.
Among his most notable group exhibits are Labyrinth in Warsaw in Poland and in Hamburg in Germany in 1989, Towards the Object in Amsterdam in the Netherlands in 1990, Moscow-Washington in the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow and in Washington D.C. in USA in 1990, Other Art in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow and in the State Russian Museum in St. Petersburg in 1991, Volksbank exhibit in Trossingen in Germany in 1992, exhibit in Klagenfurt in Austria in 1993, the Bar-Gera collection in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow in 1996, Harmony of Contrasts in the Russian Academy of Fine Arts in Moscow in 1997, Postwar Russian Avant-Garde from the Yuri Traisman collection in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow in 1999.
In 2000, Andrey's work became part of the permanent exposition of the 20th century art in the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.
Andrey works are held in the State
Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow, the State
Russian Museum in St. Petersburg, the New Jerusalem
Museum in Russia, the Museum of Modern Art in Tsaritsino
in Moscow, The
Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum in USA, The Gregory
Gallery in USA, as well as in private collections in
Russia, France, Germany, Austria, USA, Singapore, Sweden,
Poland and other countries.
Return to thumbnail gallery